PHOENIX – A newly released video showed the aftermath of heavy thunderstorms that poured over Antelope Canyon and Page, Ariz. last Friday.
The YouTube video uploaded by David Rankin demonstrated how the thunderstorms, which according to National Weather Service data dropped up to four inches of rain in under two hours, affected several sites like Antelope Canyon and Honey Draw.
The floods generated by the storm swept under highways, bridges and even roads, as the video pointed out.
“There’s the highway up there, you can see the water completely overwhelmed this storm drain,” Rankin said.
The video also showed how highway 89 was turned into a river after the storm passed, destroying some of the asphalt on the ground and burying a couple of trucks.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon