PHOENIX — A 2-year-old girl died in a hospital Wednesday after drowning in a pool, the Chandler Police Department said.
Officials received a 911 call about 1:15 p.m. that the girl was found in a backyard pool in the 1400 block of West Carnino Court. The girl was unconscious and not breathing.
When emergency crews arrived on the scene, they found adults performing CPR.
It is believed the girl was able to get into the backyard through a dog door.
“The patient was unaccounted for for approximately 20 to 30 minutes,” said Chandler Fire Battalion Chief Tom Dwiggins. “It sounds like she was in some type of playpen and got out. They did tell us that they did have locked doors but the doggie door was open.”
The girl was taken to a local hospital where she later died.
Dwiggins said the girl’s grandmother and uncle were present.
The pool was not fenced.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development