PHOENIX — A 2-year-old girl died in a hospital Wednesday after drowning in a pool, the Chandler Police Department said.
Officials received a 911 call about 1:15 p.m. that the girl was found in a backyard pool in the 1400 block of West Carnino Court. The girl was unconscious and not breathing.
When emergency crews arrived on the scene, they found adults performing CPR.
It is believed the girl was able to get into the backyard through a dog door.
“The patient was unaccounted for for approximately 20 to 30 minutes,” said Chandler Fire Battalion Chief Tom Dwiggins. “It sounds like she was in some type of playpen and got out. They did tell us that they did have locked doors but the doggie door was open.”
The girl was taken to a local hospital where she later died.
Dwiggins said the girl’s grandmother and uncle were present.
The pool was not fenced.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them