PHOENIX — A 2-year-old girl died in a hospital Wednesday after drowning in a pool, the Chandler Police Department said.
Officials received a 911 call about 1:15 p.m. that the girl was found in a backyard pool in the 1400 block of West Carnino Court. The girl was unconscious and not breathing.
When emergency crews arrived on the scene, they found adults performing CPR.
It is believed the girl was able to get into the backyard through a dog door.
“The patient was unaccounted for for approximately 20 to 30 minutes,” said Chandler Fire Battalion Chief Tom Dwiggins. “It sounds like she was in some type of playpen and got out. They did tell us that they did have locked doors but the doggie door was open.”
The girl was taken to a local hospital where she later died.
Dwiggins said the girl’s grandmother and uncle were present.
The pool was not fenced.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.