PHOENIX — A suspected serial groper sexually assaulted another victim, the Gilbert Police Department said Wednesday.
Police said a man suspected of grabbing several other women is likely the same man who grabbed the buttocks of a woman shopping at a Gilbert supermarket.
“What happened in Gilbert is the exact same thing that happened here in Tempe,” said Tempe Police Sgt. Mike Pooley. “She was with her young child. She was pushing a grocery cart and this individual comes up behind her and grabbed on to her buttocks.”
Last week, Tempe police said the man has worn a black T-shirt with a spider on the front during two of the three incidents and was wearing a baseball hat with an “A” on it during all three incidents.
During all three previous incidents, the man approached women from behind and grabbed their buttocks. All the victims were white females in their 30s.
All three previous incidents occurred at Fry’s grocery stores in Tempe. Those took place June 25 at the store at Rural and Southern avenues, June 26 at the McClintock Drive and Baseline Road location, and July 30 at the store at Guadalupe Road and McClintock Drive.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his 20s. He is of average height and weight and has been seen driving a silver, late-model SUV.
Anyone with information on these crimes is asked to contact either the Tempe Police Department at (480) 350-8311 or the Gilbert Police Department at (480) 503-6500.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier