PHOENIX — A suspected serial groper sexually assaulted another victim, the Gilbert Police Department said Wednesday.
Police said a man suspected of grabbing several other women is likely the same man who grabbed the buttocks of a woman shopping at a Gilbert supermarket.
“What happened in Gilbert is the exact same thing that happened here in Tempe,” said Tempe Police Sgt. Mike Pooley. “She was with her young child. She was pushing a grocery cart and this individual comes up behind her and grabbed on to her buttocks.”
Last week, Tempe police said the man has worn a black T-shirt with a spider on the front during two of the three incidents and was wearing a baseball hat with an “A” on it during all three incidents.
During all three previous incidents, the man approached women from behind and grabbed their buttocks. All the victims were white females in their 30s.
All three previous incidents occurred at Fry’s grocery stores in Tempe. Those took place June 25 at the store at Rural and Southern avenues, June 26 at the McClintock Drive and Baseline Road location, and July 30 at the store at Guadalupe Road and McClintock Drive.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his 20s. He is of average height and weight and has been seen driving a silver, late-model SUV.
Anyone with information on these crimes is asked to contact either the Tempe Police Department at (480) 350-8311 or the Gilbert Police Department at (480) 503-6500.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them