PHOENIX — A Wisconsin-based trucking company is about to bring hundreds of jobs to Phoenix.
Schneider National will open a western regional facility in September near 41st Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road and plans to hire 200 drivers.
Vice president Michael Hinz said many of the jobs pay $50,000 a year. “If you’re a lightly experienced driver, and you’re new to the industry, you’re going to be working your way up to that,” he said. “If you’re an experienced driver, something in the lower 50s is very attainable. We have drivers that live in Phoenix now who are already doing that.”
The jobs offer full benefits and a $5,000 signing bonus. Lease opportunities with Schneider are also available to owner-operators throughout Arizona.
In most cases, you’ll be driving 500 miles or less. “There certainly are some over-the-road jobs and some team jobs that are also available in that market,” Hinz said. “We’ll have a good selection based on what that individual wants to do.”
The company is accepting applications.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas