PHOENIX — A Wisconsin-based trucking company is about to bring hundreds of jobs to Phoenix.
Schneider National will open a western regional facility in September near 41st Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road and plans to hire 200 drivers.
Vice president Michael Hinz said many of the jobs pay $50,000 a year. “If you’re a lightly experienced driver, and you’re new to the industry, you’re going to be working your way up to that,” he said. “If you’re an experienced driver, something in the lower 50s is very attainable. We have drivers that live in Phoenix now who are already doing that.”
The jobs offer full benefits and a $5,000 signing bonus. Lease opportunities with Schneider are also available to owner-operators throughout Arizona.
In most cases, you’ll be driving 500 miles or less. “There certainly are some over-the-road jobs and some team jobs that are also available in that market,” Hinz said. “We’ll have a good selection based on what that individual wants to do.”
The company is accepting applications.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments