PHOENIX — A Wisconsin-based trucking company is about to bring hundreds of jobs to Phoenix.
Schneider National will open a western regional facility in September near 41st Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road and plans to hire 200 drivers.
Vice president Michael Hinz said many of the jobs pay $50,000 a year. “If you’re a lightly experienced driver, and you’re new to the industry, you’re going to be working your way up to that,” he said. “If you’re an experienced driver, something in the lower 50s is very attainable. We have drivers that live in Phoenix now who are already doing that.”
The jobs offer full benefits and a $5,000 signing bonus. Lease opportunities with Schneider are also available to owner-operators throughout Arizona.
In most cases, you’ll be driving 500 miles or less. “There certainly are some over-the-road jobs and some team jobs that are also available in that market,” Hinz said. “We’ll have a good selection based on what that individual wants to do.”
The company is accepting applications.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development