PHOENIX – Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said Tuesday he believes the federal government will pass a comprehensive immigration bill.
Stanton spoke with News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos after spending the day with President Barack Obama. He said the two discussed multiple topics, ranging from the housing market to immigration reform.
“I’m ultimately an optimist; I actually think there will be a comprehensive bill because I think the American people are going to speak up and say, ‘enough is enough, it’s time to actually do something about immigration, the only way to do it is in a comprehensive way.”
Stanton passed a letter to Obama from a “Dreamer,” thanking the president for his work on immigration.
“It was a thank you letter to say to the president how much this young student appreciated the president’s leadership on immigration reform and how he could live his life and work without fear of being deported, and he wanted to just show his appreciation,” Stanton said.
When asked what he thought happened to the “Gang of Eight” immigration bill that is still sitting in the House, Stanton said he felt rivalries were blocking the bill from progressing.
“Let’s be honest, as much as there is a hyper-partisan fight between Democrats and Republicans, I think there as much of a fight between the Senate and the House. Those guys just don’t like each other.”
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona