PHOENIX — Tuesday became a day that the Desert Vista High School Class of 2014 will never forget after President Barack Obama paid a visit.
Jasmine Coro said seeing Obama in person was on her bucket list.
“He’s probably my role model so even being this far away from him was almost too much to comprehend,” she said. “I started to tear up at first. It was a little overwhelming.”
Coro was impressed that the president broke it all down to a level that a high school student can understand and she feels better about her future.
“Whether its home buying or whatever, think through it and choose the best option,” she replied when asked to sum up Obama’s advice.
And it’s Coro’s belief that it wasn’t only students who took something away from this event. The president did too.
“I think he was taken by the whole student body being here, singing him ‘Happy Birthday’ and so on. That’s just part of being at this school. It’s exciting to be here.”
Coro was among 800 Desert Vista seniors who heard the president deliver his plan to boost middle-class home ownership.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments