PHOENIX — Tuesday became a day that the Desert Vista High School Class of 2014 will never forget after President Barack Obama paid a visit.
Jasmine Coro said seeing Obama in person was on her bucket list.
“He’s probably my role model so even being this far away from him was almost too much to comprehend,” she said. “I started to tear up at first. It was a little overwhelming.”
Coro was impressed that the president broke it all down to a level that a high school student can understand and she feels better about her future.
“Whether its home buying or whatever, think through it and choose the best option,” she replied when asked to sum up Obama’s advice.
And it’s Coro’s belief that it wasn’t only students who took something away from this event. The president did too.
“I think he was taken by the whole student body being here, singing him ‘Happy Birthday’ and so on. That’s just part of being at this school. It’s exciting to be here.”
Coro was among 800 Desert Vista seniors who heard the president deliver his plan to boost middle-class home ownership.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier