PHOENIX — Tuesday became a day that the Desert Vista High School Class of 2014 will never forget after President Barack Obama paid a visit.
Jasmine Coro said seeing Obama in person was on her bucket list.
“He’s probably my role model so even being this far away from him was almost too much to comprehend,” she said. “I started to tear up at first. It was a little overwhelming.”
Coro was impressed that the president broke it all down to a level that a high school student can understand and she feels better about her future.
“Whether its home buying or whatever, think through it and choose the best option,” she replied when asked to sum up Obama’s advice.
And it’s Coro’s belief that it wasn’t only students who took something away from this event. The president did too.
“I think he was taken by the whole student body being here, singing him ‘Happy Birthday’ and so on. That’s just part of being at this school. It’s exciting to be here.”
Coro was among 800 Desert Vista seniors who heard the president deliver his plan to boost middle-class home ownership.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development