PHOENIX – Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer released a statement following President Barack Obama’s visit where she praised the state’s efforts for getting back on track, but denounced Obama for using the platform to promote “big government.”
While Brewer said she was pleased with the visit, she was disappointed with the president using this time promote “more big government programs.” Brewer also accused him of taking credit for Arizona’s success following the housing market collapse.
“That credit belongs to the hardworking people of Arizona,” Brewer said in the statement.
Praising the Arizona comeback on free-market principles and the lowering of state taxes, Brewer also said that the president should look into Arizona as an example of what could be accomplished nation-wide.
“The nation would benefit from an administration that promotes, rather than stifles, business growth,” Brewer said.
Brewer ended by saying that the president’s policies were not the cause for what Arizona is today.
“Our recovery has been made possible in spite of the president’s policies – not because of them.”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night