PHOENIX – Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer released a statement following President Barack Obama’s visit where she praised the state’s efforts for getting back on track, but denounced Obama for using the platform to promote “big government.”
While Brewer said she was pleased with the visit, she was disappointed with the president using this time promote “more big government programs.” Brewer also accused him of taking credit for Arizona’s success following the housing market collapse.
“That credit belongs to the hardworking people of Arizona,” Brewer said in the statement.
Praising the Arizona comeback on free-market principles and the lowering of state taxes, Brewer also said that the president should look into Arizona as an example of what could be accomplished nation-wide.
“The nation would benefit from an administration that promotes, rather than stifles, business growth,” Brewer said.
Brewer ended by saying that the president’s policies were not the cause for what Arizona is today.
“Our recovery has been made possible in spite of the president’s policies – not because of them.”
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier