PHOENIX – Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer released a statement following President Barack Obama’s visit where she praised the state’s efforts for getting back on track, but denounced Obama for using the platform to promote “big government.”
While Brewer said she was pleased with the visit, she was disappointed with the president using this time promote “more big government programs.” Brewer also accused him of taking credit for Arizona’s success following the housing market collapse.
“That credit belongs to the hardworking people of Arizona,” Brewer said in the statement.
Praising the Arizona comeback on free-market principles and the lowering of state taxes, Brewer also said that the president should look into Arizona as an example of what could be accomplished nation-wide.
“The nation would benefit from an administration that promotes, rather than stifles, business growth,” Brewer said.
Brewer ended by saying that the president’s policies were not the cause for what Arizona is today.
“Our recovery has been made possible in spite of the president’s policies – not because of them.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development