The problem? DuVal claims the photos are nothing more than a joke.
The image created in response to GOP chair Robert Graham, who had previously called DuVal “the most uninteresting man in the world.” Rather than get involved in a war of words, DuVal decided to have a little Photoshop fun.
Making a play on Dos XX’s “Most Interesting Man in the World,” DuVal’s campaign altered an image to change his lily-white skin to that closer to a Latino. They also added a beard to the candidate’s normally clean-shaven face.
To cap off the image, DuVal’s campaign included the tagline, “Stay desperate, my friends,” a reference to the tagline used by Dos XX, “Stay thirsty, my friends.”
What do you think of the image? Is it offensive? Take a look at the comparison in the slideshow below and leave us a comment.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments