PHOENIX – The family of Phoenix Police Department officer Daryl Raetz was presented with $40,000 worth of checks from Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s Memorial Fund on Monday.
Raetz, who served with the PPD for six years, was killed on May 19 after he was struck by an SVU while making a DUI arrest. Raetz was also a veteran who served in the Iraq war.
Arpaio said he was honored to present this check in the name of the MCSO Memorial Fund to the family of Raetz. Arpaio also thanked the officer’s service to both his country and his community.
The MCSO Memorial Fund has raised over $1 million and paid close to $600,000 to the families of fallen Arizona law enforcement officers.
“We are extremely proud of this particular charity,” Arpaio said, “because it truly represents the best of charitable giving.”
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets