PHOENIX — District 4 Phoenix City Council candidate Austin Head is making a lot of headway thanks to his controversial campaign signs which state, “I heart Head.”
News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Rob & Karie spoke with Head about the double entendre on his posters. Head said that while some find the sign controversial, it is not new to him because he has used it to promote events for the past 10 years in Phoenix and New York.
Head and his supports have noticed that the signs are getting people interested in the campaign.
“I’ve had numerous emails of people wanting me to print t-shirts and send them stickers,” he said. “It’s certainly getting people interested in my side of the campaign.”
Head is openly gay and is trying to run a new-age campaign.
“I prefer to be as transparent as possible,” he said. “It’s very hard to find genuine people in politics.”
Head is also HIV positive, has been a victim of bullying and been homeless.
“A culmination of my life experiences is absolutely why I’m running.”
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development