TEMPE, Ariz. — It’s being called the largest office deal in state history.
Five office buildings will be going up in the next four years near the northern end of Sun Devil Stadium. State Farm will lease the office buildings with the first building scheduled to open by mid-2015.
State Farm representatives did not release a concrete number of how many claims, service and sales support employees will be located in the complex, but they said it will bring their capacity up to 8,000 employees in the Valley.
The $600 million project, called Marina Heights, covers 2 million square feet, including space for retail.
“This corporate expansion will be the catalyst for attracting thousands of jobs and more development around (Tempe Town Lake). This isn’t just good for Tempe, it’s great for the entire region and state,” Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon