PHOENIX – Despite the summer heat of the Valley, the city of Phoenix has its share of construction workers tirelessly working day in and day out.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, new data from the Associated General Contractors of America revealed that the Phoenix metro area ranks third when it comes to new construction work.
From June 2012 to June 2013, Phoenix added 9,600 jobs for a total construction workforce of 97,700 last month.
According to the data, Phoenix’s job growth rate was at 11 percent, one of the strongest of the metro areas.
“Although construction activity remains extremely spotty, with strong residential activity offsetting lackluster private nonresidential investment and shrinking public construction spending, workers are being hired in more and more metro areas,” he [Ken Simonson, chief economist with the AGCA] said.
But with a shaky economy, certain officials said construction companies still face challenges.
“Construction employment is heading in the right direction for now, but demand remains weak and the industry’s recovery is still very fragile,” said Stephen Sandherr, the association’s CEO. “Beyond the obvious threats to the broader economy, cutting investments in vital infrastructure projects puts some of these new construction jobs at risk.”
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick