PHOENIX – Despite the summer heat of the Valley, the city of Phoenix has its share of construction workers tirelessly working day in and day out.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, new data from the Associated General Contractors of America revealed that the Phoenix metro area ranks third when it comes to new construction work.
From June 2012 to June 2013, Phoenix added 9,600 jobs for a total construction workforce of 97,700 last month.
According to the data, Phoenix’s job growth rate was at 11 percent, one of the strongest of the metro areas.
“Although construction activity remains extremely spotty, with strong residential activity offsetting lackluster private nonresidential investment and shrinking public construction spending, workers are being hired in more and more metro areas,” he [Ken Simonson, chief economist with the AGCA] said.
But with a shaky economy, certain officials said construction companies still face challenges.
“Construction employment is heading in the right direction for now, but demand remains weak and the industry’s recovery is still very fragile,” said Stephen Sandherr, the association’s CEO. “Beyond the obvious threats to the broader economy, cutting investments in vital infrastructure projects puts some of these new construction jobs at risk.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development