PHOENIX — Spirit Airlines will be relocating from Mesa Gateway to Sky Harbor, and begin service there in October, the company announced Tuesday.
The Florida-based, fees-heavy carrier will stop operating out of the Mesa airport Oct. 23. The next day, Spirit begins nonstop service between Sky Harbor and Dallas/Fort Worth.
“Phoenix is open for business,” Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said in a statement.
Service includes daily seasonal nonstops to Chicago O’Hare International and Denver starting Nov. 7. The airline will fly out of Terminal 3.
“What Spirit has told us is that their customers are asking to go from primary airport to primary airport,” said Deborah Ostreicher, deputy aviation director for Sky Harbor.
Spirit ended Phoenix-area service from Gateway to Denver in late January.
Allegiant remains at Gateway.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments