PHOENIX — Spirit Airlines will be relocating from Mesa Gateway to Sky Harbor, and begin service there in October, the company announced Tuesday.
The Florida-based, fees-heavy carrier will stop operating out of the Mesa airport Oct. 23. The next day, Spirit begins nonstop service between Sky Harbor and Dallas/Fort Worth.
“Phoenix is open for business,” Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton said in a statement.
Service includes daily seasonal nonstops to Chicago O’Hare International and Denver starting Nov. 7. The airline will fly out of Terminal 3.
“What Spirit has told us is that their customers are asking to go from primary airport to primary airport,” said Deborah Ostreicher, deputy aviation director for Sky Harbor.
Spirit ended Phoenix-area service from Gateway to Denver in late January.
Allegiant remains at Gateway.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food