Moviegoers in Tempe will now be able to do so in style.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Pollack Tempe Cinemas at McClintock and Elliot received a $400,000 makeover that brought in all-digital projectors and sound as part of a new requirement from filmmakers.
“We basically didn’t have a choice. We had to go digital if we wanted to keep operating and playing movies for our guests,” said Michael Pollack, owner of Pollack Tempe Cinemas. “The industry has gone digital and we have to keep up. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that is the movie goers will get an even better movie going experience when they come to Pollack Tempe Cinemas.”
In addition to the movie experience upgrade, the theater also added the capability to accept Visa, MasterCard, debit and credit cards.
Admission at the theater is $3.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments