PHOENIX — An operation conducted by multiple agencies recovered two juveniles who were working as prostitutes in Phoenix, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in a release.
The recovery was part of a nationwide operation called Operation Cross Country VII, a three-day sting conducted in 76 cities designed to fight child sex trafficking. In total, 105 juveniles were recovered.
“Operation Cross Country demonstrates just how many of America’s children are being sold for sex every day, many on the Internet,” CEO of National Center for Missing and Exploited Children John Ryan said in the release. “We’re honored and proud to partner with the FBI, which has taken the lead in tackling this escalating problem.”
The operation focused on various locations and websites that offer dating or escort services.
Overall, the highest number of juveniles recovered was in San Francisco and the most pimps were arrested in Detroit.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development