TEMPE, Ariz. — Almost one million Americans have signed up for one car-sharing program or another, and Arizona State University students without wheels can participate in the sharing, too.
The Zipcar program has been on the ASU campuses for a handful of years and about 4,000 students have joined. Students pay a $25 annual registration fee, then they can rent a car by the hour or by the day. A Zipcar on-demand runs $8-$10 per hour.
“By the hour includes gas, insurance, maintenance, parking. Everything is included,” said Aaron Bryant with ASU. He added there are about 20 cars in the fleet but demand is such that there will more on the way.
A bonus for students using the Zipcars: it cuts down on traffic congestion on campus.
Students, faculty and staff have 24/7 access to Zipcars.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night