PHOENIX — Two Arizona colleges were in the top third when it came to ranking the nation’s top schools.
According to Forbes, the University of Arizona came in at 211 and Arizona State University came in at 226.
U of A boasts a 20:1 student-to-faculty ratio. It annually costs students an average of $40,592 to attend. U of A was also ranked the 104th-best school for research and the 45-best school in the southern U.S.
ASU has a 25:1 student-to-faculty ratio and students pay an average attendance cost of $36,254. It was the 110th-best school for research and the 48th-best school in the southern U.S.
In total, 620 schools were ranked. Overall, the top school was Stanford, followed by Pomona College (CA), Princeton (NJ), Yale (CT) and Columbia (NY), respectively.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.