PHOENIX — Two Arizona colleges were in the top third when it came to ranking the nation’s top schools.
According to Forbes, the University of Arizona came in at 211 and Arizona State University came in at 226.
U of A boasts a 20:1 student-to-faculty ratio. It annually costs students an average of $40,592 to attend. U of A was also ranked the 104th-best school for research and the 45-best school in the southern U.S.
ASU has a 25:1 student-to-faculty ratio and students pay an average attendance cost of $36,254. It was the 110th-best school for research and the 48th-best school in the southern U.S.
In total, 620 schools were ranked. Overall, the top school was Stanford, followed by Pomona College (CA), Princeton (NJ), Yale (CT) and Columbia (NY), respectively.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes