PHOENIX — Looking for something to do this weekend in the Valley? The list below offers a few options.
Country singer Luke Bryan brings his hits from “Tailgates & Tanlines” to the Ak-Chin Pavilion on Saturday night. Tickets to see one of the hottest names in country start at $29.50.
Lead singer Rob Thomas and the rest of the crew come to the Valley Friday night. Tickets start at $34.
Arizona was built on mining and who doesn’t want the chance to find a treasure for themselves? Families can head to the San Tan Mountain Regional Park on Saturday to pan for gold and learn about the history of the San Tan area. Entry is $6 per vehicle.
If you’re in the mood for some reggae-punk, head to the Marquee Theatre on Saturday. The Dirty Heads take the stage at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $30 in advance and $35 at the door.
Feel like having a laugh? Greg Wilson, who has appeared on TV shows like “Life” and “Ugly Betty” is at the Comedy Spot in Scottsdale all weekend. Show times vary and tickets range between $10 and $15.
Take a stroll through the desert and try to find scorpions. A guide will be along for the ride to tell hikers about the insects. Entry is $6 per vehicle.
It’s generally too hot to golf during the day, so why not golf at night? The city of Phoenix hosts this event that features glowing golf balls and golfers decked out in glow gear. Tee times vary, but it all happens at the Palo Verde Golf Course. Admission is $25.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes