PHOENIX — The most wanted job in Arizona next year could be the governor’s office and political observers cannot wait to watch it unfold.
State Treasurer Doug Ducey and Secretary of State Ken Bennett are among a growing group of Republicans who want the governor’s job.
Stan Barnes with Copper State Consulting said he expects at least one more prominent name to throw his hat in the ring.
“The Mesa mayor (Scott Smith) has a lot of positives going on. He will be top tier, there’s no doubt. I believe he’s going to run, it’s just a matter of timing.”
And Barnes said the Democratic side of the race is formidable with former President Clinton aide Fred DuVal running and possibly state lawmaker Chad Campbell jumping into the mix.
“The Democrats are energized and the candidates are glib, articulate, smart and have proven abilities.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon