PHOENIX — Major League Baseball players are still reacting to the suspension of Ryan Braun.
The Milwaukee Brewers star and former 2011 National League MVP will miss the remainder of the season because of his ties to performance enhancing drugs.
While visiting children at Maricopa Medical Center in Phoenix on Wednesday, Arizona Diamondbacks infielder Willie Bloomquist said he agrees with the suspension.
“It’s obviously disappointing what’s happened,” Bloomquist said. “No matter how hard we as a players union are trying to crack down and make the field an even playing field, there’s still people who think they can cheat the system. It’s unfair to everybody else who is doing it the right way.”
There are several news reports that New York Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez could face a lifetime suspension for his involvement.
“I don’t know if all of the evidence has come out on that,” Bloomquist said. “But it’s definitely unfortunate when guys are trying to beat the system. The harsher punishment…the better.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon