PHOENIX — Major League Baseball players are still reacting to the suspension of Ryan Braun.
The Milwaukee Brewers star and former 2011 National League MVP will miss the remainder of the season because of his ties to performance enhancing drugs.
While visiting children at Maricopa Medical Center in Phoenix on Wednesday, Arizona Diamondbacks infielder Willie Bloomquist said he agrees with the suspension.
“It’s obviously disappointing what’s happened,” Bloomquist said. “No matter how hard we as a players union are trying to crack down and make the field an even playing field, there’s still people who think they can cheat the system. It’s unfair to everybody else who is doing it the right way.”
There are several news reports that New York Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez could face a lifetime suspension for his involvement.
“I don’t know if all of the evidence has come out on that,” Bloomquist said. “But it’s definitely unfortunate when guys are trying to beat the system. The harsher punishment…the better.”
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains