PHOENIX — A Chandler wedding venue that shut its doors without warning in April is scheduled to reopen next month after being sold to a local business owner.
“We are transforming the facility into SoHo63, which is a multi-purpose, modern event venue,” said Event Curator Megan Schmidt. “I’m beyond thrilled to be in this position to not only start a great event venue, but to reach out to the past Inspirador brides who were so terribly affected by the foreclosure.”
The company has reached out couples who were impacted by the Inspirador fiasco.
“We have already worked with and have re-booked one bride who had her contract cancelled previously due to the Inspirador closing its doors,” said Schmidt.
According to information released by the company, the 12,000-square0foot venue was purchased outright in June by 20-year event industry veteran and East Valley resident Kate Christensen and her family. Christensen owns three other companies in the events and hospitality industry, the primary business of which is Katherine Christensen & Associates, Inc. (KCA), a meeting and event management company which has been based in Chandler for 13 years.
“We’re very excited to see the space occupied again,” said Christine Mackay, Chandler’s economic-development director. “It’s an integral part of what’s made downtown a success.”
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes