PHOENIX — A Chandler wedding venue that shut its doors without warning in April is scheduled to reopen next month after being sold to a local business owner.
“We are transforming the facility into SoHo63, which is a multi-purpose, modern event venue,” said Event Curator Megan Schmidt. “I’m beyond thrilled to be in this position to not only start a great event venue, but to reach out to the past Inspirador brides who were so terribly affected by the foreclosure.”
The company has reached out couples who were impacted by the Inspirador fiasco.
“We have already worked with and have re-booked one bride who had her contract cancelled previously due to the Inspirador closing its doors,” said Schmidt.
According to information released by the company, the 12,000-square0foot venue was purchased outright in June by 20-year event industry veteran and East Valley resident Kate Christensen and her family. Christensen owns three other companies in the events and hospitality industry, the primary business of which is Katherine Christensen & Associates, Inc. (KCA), a meeting and event management company which has been based in Chandler for 13 years.
“We’re very excited to see the space occupied again,” said Christine Mackay, Chandler’s economic-development director. “It’s an integral part of what’s made downtown a success.”
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.