PHOENIX — A Chandler wedding venue that shut its doors without warning in April is scheduled to reopen next month after being sold to a local business owner.
“We are transforming the facility into SoHo63, which is a multi-purpose, modern event venue,” said Event Curator Megan Schmidt. “I’m beyond thrilled to be in this position to not only start a great event venue, but to reach out to the past Inspirador brides who were so terribly affected by the foreclosure.”
The company has reached out couples who were impacted by the Inspirador fiasco.
“We have already worked with and have re-booked one bride who had her contract cancelled previously due to the Inspirador closing its doors,” said Schmidt.
According to information released by the company, the 12,000-square0foot venue was purchased outright in June by 20-year event industry veteran and East Valley resident Kate Christensen and her family. Christensen owns three other companies in the events and hospitality industry, the primary business of which is Katherine Christensen & Associates, Inc. (KCA), a meeting and event management company which has been based in Chandler for 13 years.
“We’re very excited to see the space occupied again,” said Christine Mackay, Chandler’s economic-development director. “It’s an integral part of what’s made downtown a success.”
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy