PHOENIX — Goodwill is trying to help women who have served in the military.
“The Operation Good Jobs program is helping veterans find jobs, get resume writing and interview training, and they’re helping us dress appropriately,” said Juanita Williams.
Williams served three tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan over eight years before retiring from the Navy in 2009. She and her four-year-old daughter are now living in Houston, where she earned her Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and is now training to become an opthamologist’s assistant.
Williams said that Goodwill has been a big help to her.
“They helped us with job placement, child care, and gave us listings as far as housing opportunities,” said Williams.
The goal of Operation Good Jobs is to help 3,000 women veterans over the next two years.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food