PHOENIX — Goodwill is trying to help women who have served in the military.
“The Operation Good Jobs program is helping veterans find jobs, get resume writing and interview training, and they’re helping us dress appropriately,” said Juanita Williams.
Williams served three tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan over eight years before retiring from the Navy in 2009. She and her four-year-old daughter are now living in Houston, where she earned her Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and is now training to become an opthamologist’s assistant.
Williams said that Goodwill has been a big help to her.
“They helped us with job placement, child care, and gave us listings as far as housing opportunities,” said Williams.
The goal of Operation Good Jobs is to help 3,000 women veterans over the next two years.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments