PHOENIX – The city of Oro Valley is the best town for young Arizona families based on a recent report by a financial firm.
According to Nerd Wallet, Oro Valley, which is located approximately 15 miles north of Tucson, was ranked the best town for young Arizona families due to its amount of high tech firms and a good median household income.
The town is home to a dozen high-tech firms, emerging as a regional center for the biotech industry and providing for lucrative employment opportunities. Oro Valley is distinguished by attractive qualities such as a median household income that is nearly 50% higher than the US median, a #1 FBI safety ranking in the state of Arizona and an excellent school district.
The report looked at three different factors to rank the cities around the state: schools, cost of living and town growth and prosperity.
The cities of Scottsdale, Buckeye, Peoria and Chandler were also on the list.
“One thing that kept Scottsdale from hitting number one was that homes are a little bit more expensive,” said Nerd Wallet analyst Mike Anderson. “Then again, income is high enough that the cost of living is reasonable.”
The mediocrity of Phoenix’s public school system kept the city off the list, Anderson said.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development