PHOENIX – The city of Oro Valley is the best town for young Arizona families based on a recent report by a financial firm.
According to Nerd Wallet, Oro Valley, which is located approximately 15 miles north of Tucson, was ranked the best town for young Arizona families due to its amount of high tech firms and a good median household income.
The town is home to a dozen high-tech firms, emerging as a regional center for the biotech industry and providing for lucrative employment opportunities. Oro Valley is distinguished by attractive qualities such as a median household income that is nearly 50% higher than the US median, a #1 FBI safety ranking in the state of Arizona and an excellent school district.
The report looked at three different factors to rank the cities around the state: schools, cost of living and town growth and prosperity.
The cities of Scottsdale, Buckeye, Peoria and Chandler were also on the list.
“One thing that kept Scottsdale from hitting number one was that homes are a little bit more expensive,” said Nerd Wallet analyst Mike Anderson. “Then again, income is high enough that the cost of living is reasonable.”
The mediocrity of Phoenix’s public school system kept the city off the list, Anderson said.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments