PHOENIX – The city of Oro Valley is the best town for young Arizona families based on a recent report by a financial firm.
According to Nerd Wallet, Oro Valley, which is located approximately 15 miles north of Tucson, was ranked the best town for young Arizona families due to its amount of high tech firms and a good median household income.
The town is home to a dozen high-tech firms, emerging as a regional center for the biotech industry and providing for lucrative employment opportunities. Oro Valley is distinguished by attractive qualities such as a median household income that is nearly 50% higher than the US median, a #1 FBI safety ranking in the state of Arizona and an excellent school district.
The report looked at three different factors to rank the cities around the state: schools, cost of living and town growth and prosperity.
The cities of Scottsdale, Buckeye, Peoria and Chandler were also on the list.
“One thing that kept Scottsdale from hitting number one was that homes are a little bit more expensive,” said Nerd Wallet analyst Mike Anderson. “Then again, income is high enough that the cost of living is reasonable.”
The mediocrity of Phoenix’s public school system kept the city off the list, Anderson said.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck