PHOENIX — Phoenix police said a 38-year-old paraplegic man who uses a wheelchair was
struck on the head with a brick after four men armed with guns broke into a home.
According to police, the home invasion near 87th and Minnezona avenues occurred Monday evening when the
men used the brick to break a window to gain entry.
The man struck with the brick by one of the intruders was hospitalized after he
spoke with officers. The victim was also kicked.
Two other adults and three children also were in the home but were not hurt
despite being held at gunpoint.
The intruders demanded money but it wasn’t immediately clear if they got any.
Police said a witness saw the men departing in a white-four door vehicle, and Glendale police
later stopped a vehicle matching the description and detained its occupants. Evidence of the home invasion was found inside the car.
Four suspects were arrested after being identified by witnesses and booked into jail on robbery and aggravated assault charges. The suspects were identified as 28-year-old Migel Tarin, 26-year-old Rueben Tarin, 25-year-old Francisco Aguilera and 20-year-old Anthony Arenas.
Two other people were detained by police and released.
The victim is in stable condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon