PHOENIX — Phoenix police said a 38-year-old paraplegic man who uses a wheelchair was
struck on the head with a brick after four men armed with guns broke into a home.
According to police, the home invasion near 87th and Minnezona avenues occurred Monday evening when the
men used the brick to break a window to gain entry.
The man struck with the brick by one of the intruders was hospitalized after he
spoke with officers. The victim was also kicked.
Two other adults and three children also were in the home but were not hurt
despite being held at gunpoint.
The intruders demanded money but it wasn’t immediately clear if they got any.
Police said a witness saw the men departing in a white-four door vehicle, and Glendale police
later stopped a vehicle matching the description and detained its occupants. Evidence of the home invasion was found inside the car.
Four suspects were arrested after being identified by witnesses and booked into jail on robbery and aggravated assault charges. The suspects were identified as 28-year-old Migel Tarin, 26-year-old Rueben Tarin, 25-year-old Francisco Aguilera and 20-year-old Anthony Arenas.
Two other people were detained by police and released.
The victim is in stable condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night