PHOENIX — Phoenix police said a 38-year-old paraplegic man who uses a wheelchair was
struck on the head with a brick after four men armed with guns broke into a home.
According to police, the home invasion near 87th and Minnezona avenues occurred Monday evening when the
men used the brick to break a window to gain entry.
The man struck with the brick by one of the intruders was hospitalized after he
spoke with officers. The victim was also kicked.
Two other adults and three children also were in the home but were not hurt
despite being held at gunpoint.
The intruders demanded money but it wasn’t immediately clear if they got any.
Police said a witness saw the men departing in a white-four door vehicle, and Glendale police
later stopped a vehicle matching the description and detained its occupants. Evidence of the home invasion was found inside the car.
Four suspects were arrested after being identified by witnesses and booked into jail on robbery and aggravated assault charges. The suspects were identified as 28-year-old Migel Tarin, 26-year-old Rueben Tarin, 25-year-old Francisco Aguilera and 20-year-old Anthony Arenas.
Two other people were detained by police and released.
The victim is in stable condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier