PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Transportation is expanding its Grand Canyon State Logo Signs program from rural areas to urban markets. Drivers normally see the blue signs on highways across Arizona when they’re driving away from the state’s larger cities.
Laura Douglas with ADOT said the new signs will direct drivers to services such as gas, food and lodging. She sees it as a win-win not just for drivers and businesses who get to advertise on them, but the money generated will also go to the state highway fund for future projects.
“Starting specifically on Interstate 17 and the Loop 101 Agua Fria Freeway and eventually we’ll have (the signs) built along the entire Valley freeway system,” Douglas said.
Phoenix will see them as early as November. Tucson, Yuma, and Flagstaff will also be seeing new blue signs in the near future. A total of 300 new signs will go up, the press release said.
The businesses advertised on the signs must be travel-related and be located within three miles of a highway. Each sign contains space for up to six logos.
For more information, visit www.grandcanyonstatelogosigns.com.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.