PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Transportation is expanding its Grand Canyon State Logo Signs program from rural areas to urban markets. Drivers normally see the blue signs on highways across Arizona when they’re driving away from the state’s larger cities.
Laura Douglas with ADOT said the new signs will direct drivers to services such as gas, food and lodging. She sees it as a win-win not just for drivers and businesses who get to advertise on them, but the money generated will also go to the state highway fund for future projects.
“Starting specifically on Interstate 17 and the Loop 101 Agua Fria Freeway and eventually we’ll have (the signs) built along the entire Valley freeway system,” Douglas said.
Phoenix will see them as early as November. Tucson, Yuma, and Flagstaff will also be seeing new blue signs in the near future. A total of 300 new signs will go up, the press release said.
The businesses advertised on the signs must be travel-related and be located within three miles of a highway. Each sign contains space for up to six logos.
For more information, visit www.grandcanyonstatelogosigns.com.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food