PHOENIX — Looking for something to so this weekend in the Valley? The list below offers a few options.
Can’t get enough HGTV? Head over to the Maricopa County Home & Garden Show this weekend at University of Phoenix Stadium. Hundreds of home improvement experts will be on hand to help you finally fix that stubborn water heater or get you the garden of your dreams. The show runs all weekend long. Tickets are $5 for adults, $2 for children aged 3 to 12 and kids 3 and under are free.
It’s hot out, so why not go play in the snow? The Phoenix Zoo hosts it’s annual Winter in July party on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Kids can throw snowballs and watch animals snack on frozen treats.
Richard Lewis, one of the great late-night comedians, brings his act to Stand Up Live! in Phoenix this weekend. Showtimes vary, but tickets are steady at $22.
It’s not Halloween, but that’s not stopping the folks over at Salt River Tubing from throwing a scary good party. Everyone is encouraged to wear a costume and prizes will be given to the best ones. The fun begins at 9 a.m.
The comedian and co-star of “The Heat” will have audiences rolling at the Tempe Improv this weekend. Check their website for showtimes. Tickets are $20 and there is a two-drink minimum.
Keeping in shape in Arizona during the summer can be tough, but Big Surf wants to help out with it’s Splash Mob 5K. During the run, participants are drenched with Super Soakers and water balloons. Registration is $40.
Who was born in Long Island, raised in Compton and lays down Bob Marley-inspired reggae tunes? J Boog. He’s at the Marquee Theatre on Saturday. Tickets are $23 at the door and $22 in advance.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night