PHOENIX — Looking for something to so this weekend in the Valley? The list below offers a few options.
Can’t get enough HGTV? Head over to the Maricopa County Home & Garden Show this weekend at University of Phoenix Stadium. Hundreds of home improvement experts will be on hand to help you finally fix that stubborn water heater or get you the garden of your dreams. The show runs all weekend long. Tickets are $5 for adults, $2 for children aged 3 to 12 and kids 3 and under are free.
It’s hot out, so why not go play in the snow? The Phoenix Zoo hosts it’s annual Winter in July party on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Kids can throw snowballs and watch animals snack on frozen treats.
Richard Lewis, one of the great late-night comedians, brings his act to Stand Up Live! in Phoenix this weekend. Showtimes vary, but tickets are steady at $22.
It’s not Halloween, but that’s not stopping the folks over at Salt River Tubing from throwing a scary good party. Everyone is encouraged to wear a costume and prizes will be given to the best ones. The fun begins at 9 a.m.
The comedian and co-star of “The Heat” will have audiences rolling at the Tempe Improv this weekend. Check their website for showtimes. Tickets are $20 and there is a two-drink minimum.
Keeping in shape in Arizona during the summer can be tough, but Big Surf wants to help out with it’s Splash Mob 5K. During the run, participants are drenched with Super Soakers and water balloons. Registration is $40.
Who was born in Long Island, raised in Compton and lays down Bob Marley-inspired reggae tunes? J Boog. He’s at the Marquee Theatre on Saturday. Tickets are $23 at the door and $22 in advance.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon