PHOENIX — A Tucson police officer was charged with two counts of aggravated assault after an altercation at a Pima County gas station.
On July 16 at about 3 a.m., authorities received a call about a man pointing a gun at a gas station attendant.
Officials identified the man with the weapon as Kyle James McCartin, an off-duty Tucson Police Department officer.
The clerk at the Giant Gas Station told officers that McCartin and an unidentified man entered the store wearing bulletproof vests and appeared intoxicated.
During a sales transaction, McCartin pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the sales clerk. The second man then told McCartin to put down the gun, but McCartin refused and pointed the gun at the clerk a second time.
The two men left the scene on foot before authorities could arrive.
Detectives performed a search of the area and an investigation of the situation. Neither man demanded anything during the exchange.
McCartin was booked into the Pima County Adult Detention Center and charged with two counts of aggravated assault.
Below is a video of the alleged assault from the gas station security tapes.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns