PHOENIX — A Tucson police officer was charged with two counts of aggravated assault after an altercation at a Pima County gas station.
On July 16 at about 3 a.m., authorities received a call about a man pointing a gun at a gas station attendant.
Officials identified the man with the weapon as Kyle James McCartin, an off-duty Tucson Police Department officer.
The clerk at the Giant Gas Station told officers that McCartin and an unidentified man entered the store wearing bulletproof vests and appeared intoxicated.
During a sales transaction, McCartin pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the sales clerk. The second man then told McCartin to put down the gun, but McCartin refused and pointed the gun at the clerk a second time.
The two men left the scene on foot before authorities could arrive.
Detectives performed a search of the area and an investigation of the situation. Neither man demanded anything during the exchange.
McCartin was booked into the Pima County Adult Detention Center and charged with two counts of aggravated assault.
Below is a video of the alleged assault from the gas station security tapes.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments