PHOENIX — A Tucson police officer was charged with two counts of aggravated assault after an altercation at a Pima County gas station.
On July 16 at about 3 a.m., authorities received a call about a man pointing a gun at a gas station attendant.
Officials identified the man with the weapon as Kyle James McCartin, an off-duty Tucson Police Department officer.
The clerk at the Giant Gas Station told officers that McCartin and an unidentified man entered the store wearing bulletproof vests and appeared intoxicated.
During a sales transaction, McCartin pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the sales clerk. The second man then told McCartin to put down the gun, but McCartin refused and pointed the gun at the clerk a second time.
The two men left the scene on foot before authorities could arrive.
Detectives performed a search of the area and an investigation of the situation. Neither man demanded anything during the exchange.
McCartin was booked into the Pima County Adult Detention Center and charged with two counts of aggravated assault.
Below is a video of the alleged assault from the gas station security tapes.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development