PHOENIX — Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer is among some of the worst governors in the United States, a new report said.
According to the report from Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, Brewer is the eighth worst governor in the country.
Brewer earned the ranking because she attempted to oust Colleen Coyle Mathis, the chair of a bipartisan effort to redistrict Arizona, using a combination of state and nonprofit money to fund a trip to Europe and backing a voter-approved requirement for Arizonans to show proof of citizenship when registering to vote, among other things.
The report also called Brewer a “clown” of a governor.
The list included 16 Republicans. Only two of the governors are Democrats.
Brewer did not appear in a similar report compiled in 2010.
Overall, the report said Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal was the nation’s worst governor.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments