PHOENIX — Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer is among some of the worst governors in the United States, a new report said.
According to the report from Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, Brewer is the eighth worst governor in the country.
Brewer earned the ranking because she attempted to oust Colleen Coyle Mathis, the chair of a bipartisan effort to redistrict Arizona, using a combination of state and nonprofit money to fund a trip to Europe and backing a voter-approved requirement for Arizonans to show proof of citizenship when registering to vote, among other things.
The report also called Brewer a “clown” of a governor.
The list included 16 Republicans. Only two of the governors are Democrats.
Brewer did not appear in a similar report compiled in 2010.
Overall, the report said Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal was the nation’s worst governor.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life