PHOENIX — Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer is among some of the worst governors in the United States, a new report said.
According to the report from Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, Brewer is the eighth worst governor in the country.
Brewer earned the ranking because she attempted to oust Colleen Coyle Mathis, the chair of a bipartisan effort to redistrict Arizona, using a combination of state and nonprofit money to fund a trip to Europe and backing a voter-approved requirement for Arizonans to show proof of citizenship when registering to vote, among other things.
The report also called Brewer a “clown” of a governor.
The list included 16 Republicans. Only two of the governors are Democrats.
Brewer did not appear in a similar report compiled in 2010.
Overall, the report said Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal was the nation’s worst governor.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns