PHOENIX — Two Phoenix-area restaurants were raided by Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office deputies on Wednesday, the agency said in a press release.
The raid focused on two Uncle Sam’s locations, one at 18913 N. 83rd Ave., and the other at 3217 E. Shea Blvd.
The locations were raided after a nine-month investigation into both locations. It is believed that as many as a total of 121 illegal immigrants were hired by the locations since October. The raid sought 70 individuals.
“We found out, through our investigation, that they had discrepancies when they applied for a job and utilized fake IDs,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, adding that the investigation showed applicants used multiple names, addresses and Social Security numbers.
The restaurant owner’s Scottsdale home was also searched.
The raid was the 73rd that has been conducted by MCSO.
No arrest figures were available.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them