PHOENIX — Two Phoenix-area restaurants were raided by Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office deputies on Wednesday, the agency said in a press release.
The raid focused on two Uncle Sam’s locations, one at 18913 N. 83rd Ave., and the other at 3217 E. Shea Blvd.
The locations were raided after a nine-month investigation into both locations. It is believed that as many as a total of 121 illegal immigrants were hired by the locations since October. The raid sought 70 individuals.
“We found out, through our investigation, that they had discrepancies when they applied for a job and utilized fake IDs,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, adding that the investigation showed applicants used multiple names, addresses and Social Security numbers.
The restaurant owner’s Scottsdale home was also searched.
The raid was the 73rd that has been conducted by MCSO.
No arrest figures were available.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.