PHOENIX — Two Phoenix-area restaurants were raided by Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office deputies on Wednesday, the agency said in a press release.
The raid focused on two Uncle Sam’s locations, one at 18913 N. 83rd Ave., and the other at 3217 E. Shea Blvd.
The locations were raided after a nine-month investigation into both locations. It is believed that as many as a total of 121 illegal immigrants were hired by the locations since October. The raid sought 70 individuals.
“We found out, through our investigation, that they had discrepancies when they applied for a job and utilized fake IDs,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, adding that the investigation showed applicants used multiple names, addresses and Social Security numbers.
The restaurant owner’s Scottsdale home was also searched.
The raid was the 73rd that has been conducted by MCSO.
No arrest figures were available.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development