PHOENIX — Two Phoenix-area restaurants were raided by Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office deputies on Wednesday, the agency said in a press release.
The raid focused on two Uncle Sam’s locations, one at 18913 N. 83rd Ave., and the other at 3217 E. Shea Blvd.
The locations were raided after a nine-month investigation into both locations. It is believed that as many as a total of 121 illegal immigrants were hired by the locations since October. The raid sought 70 individuals.
“We found out, through our investigation, that they had discrepancies when they applied for a job and utilized fake IDs,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, adding that the investigation showed applicants used multiple names, addresses and Social Security numbers.
The restaurant owner’s Scottsdale home was also searched.
The raid was the 73rd that has been conducted by MCSO.
No arrest figures were available.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains