PHOENIX – Jonah Shacknai’s brother and ex-wife are being sued by the family of Shacknai’s girlfriend, claiming she did not commit suicide.
The Phoenix Business Journal reports that Rebecca Zahau’s family filed a $10 million wrongful death lawsuit last week, claiming she did not commit suicide but instead was murdered.
Named in the suit were Dina Shacknai, Adam Shacknai and Dina’s twin sister, Nina Romano. Jonah Shacknai, who was not named in the suit, was the founder of Medicis Pharmaceutical in the Valley. It was sold to Valeant Pharmaceuticals International in 2012 for $2.6 billion
Last year, Shacknai’s girlfriend was found hanging nude from a balcony at his mansion in Coronado, Calif., just two days after his son fell near a staircase, which resulted in his death.
Several charities were created in memory of Max Shacknai.
MaxInMotion was created by Max’s father, while Maxie’s H.O.U.S.E. was the creation of Dina Shacknai, the mother of the boy and ex-wife of Shacknai.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon