PHOENIX – Jonah Shacknai’s brother and ex-wife are being sued by the family of Shacknai’s girlfriend, claiming she did not commit suicide.
The Phoenix Business Journal reports that Rebecca Zahau’s family filed a $10 million wrongful death lawsuit last week, claiming she did not commit suicide but instead was murdered.
Named in the suit were Dina Shacknai, Adam Shacknai and Dina’s twin sister, Nina Romano. Jonah Shacknai, who was not named in the suit, was the founder of Medicis Pharmaceutical in the Valley. It was sold to Valeant Pharmaceuticals International in 2012 for $2.6 billion
Last year, Shacknai’s girlfriend was found hanging nude from a balcony at his mansion in Coronado, Calif., just two days after his son fell near a staircase, which resulted in his death.
Several charities were created in memory of Max Shacknai.
MaxInMotion was created by Max’s father, while Maxie’s H.O.U.S.E. was the creation of Dina Shacknai, the mother of the boy and ex-wife of Shacknai.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes