In the last year, Arizona residents have significantly decreased their credit card and mortgage debts.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, credit card debt in June was down by $600 from the same month last year. Mortgage debt in June also was down nearly $6,000 from last year.
In June 2013, the average credit card balance was $4,819, down from $5,426 in June 2012. Mortgages in June 2013 averaged $170,063, down from $176,129 in June 2012.
Nationally, Arizona is ranked 25th-lowest in average credit card balance and 33rd-lowest in average mortgage balance.
However, auto and student loans have increased in the past year. From June 2012 to June 2013, auto debt increased from $16, 274 to $18,096. Student loans increased from $26,378 to $28,064 over the same time period.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night