The Center for World University Rankings recently named Arizona State University and the University of Arizona as two of the top universities, not only in the country, but in the world.
According to ASU News, ASU was ranked 46th in the country and 73rd in the world as a top elite university.
ASU was ranked 20th in patents, 73rd in faculty quality and 89th in strength of faculty research out of 16,000 different universities worldwide.
In response to the latest ASU rankings ASU President Michael M. Crow said:
“Our ranking among the world’s best universities is a testament to our outstanding faculty, they are working to solve many of society’s most complex challenges through their research while instilling in our students a love of learning and a problem-solving mindset that makes them capable of meeting any challenge in life and in the workforce.”
University of Arizona was ranked closely behind ASU at number 78.
The U.S. claimed 57 of the top 100 universities in the world.
The top 10 universities in the world are: Harvard (Mass.), Stanford (Calif.), Oxford (England), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Mass.), Cambridge (England), Columbia (New York), Berkeley (Calif.), Princeton (New Jersey) , Chicago (Ill.) and Yale (Conn.), respectively.
CWUR creates these rankings based on quality of education and training of students, prestige of the faculty and the quality of their research, versus university data submissions.
To see the complete top 100 list, click here.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon