The Center for World University Rankings recently named Arizona State University and the University of Arizona as two of the top universities, not only in the country, but in the world.
According to ASU News, ASU was ranked 46th in the country and 73rd in the world as a top elite university.
ASU was ranked 20th in patents, 73rd in faculty quality and 89th in strength of faculty research out of 16,000 different universities worldwide.
In response to the latest ASU rankings ASU President Michael M. Crow said:
“Our ranking among the world’s best universities is a testament to our outstanding faculty, they are working to solve many of society’s most complex challenges through their research while instilling in our students a love of learning and a problem-solving mindset that makes them capable of meeting any challenge in life and in the workforce.”
University of Arizona was ranked closely behind ASU at number 78.
The U.S. claimed 57 of the top 100 universities in the world.
The top 10 universities in the world are: Harvard (Mass.), Stanford (Calif.), Oxford (England), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Mass.), Cambridge (England), Columbia (New York), Berkeley (Calif.), Princeton (New Jersey) , Chicago (Ill.) and Yale (Conn.), respectively.
CWUR creates these rankings based on quality of education and training of students, prestige of the faculty and the quality of their research, versus university data submissions.
To see the complete top 100 list, click here.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments