The Center for World University Rankings recently named Arizona State University and the University of Arizona as two of the top universities, not only in the country, but in the world.
According to ASU News, ASU was ranked 46th in the country and 73rd in the world as a top elite university.
ASU was ranked 20th in patents, 73rd in faculty quality and 89th in strength of faculty research out of 16,000 different universities worldwide.
In response to the latest ASU rankings ASU President Michael M. Crow said:
“Our ranking among the world’s best universities is a testament to our outstanding faculty, they are working to solve many of society’s most complex challenges through their research while instilling in our students a love of learning and a problem-solving mindset that makes them capable of meeting any challenge in life and in the workforce.”
University of Arizona was ranked closely behind ASU at number 78.
The U.S. claimed 57 of the top 100 universities in the world.
The top 10 universities in the world are: Harvard (Mass.), Stanford (Calif.), Oxford (England), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Mass.), Cambridge (England), Columbia (New York), Berkeley (Calif.), Princeton (New Jersey) , Chicago (Ill.) and Yale (Conn.), respectively.
CWUR creates these rankings based on quality of education and training of students, prestige of the faculty and the quality of their research, versus university data submissions.
To see the complete top 100 list, click here.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas