PHOENIX — Good news for people heading out for a weekend camping trip: The Tonto National Forest and three others will lift campfire restrictions Wednesday morning thanks to monsoon rainfall.
Clay Templin with the Forest Service said the lifting of restrictions doesn’t mean that fire season is completely over and everyone still needs to be careful.
“We have had an increase in the rainfall and a decrease in fire danger, but we’re still seeing daily fires from lightning strikes or people not taking care of the campfires properly,” he said.
The Coconino, Kaibab and Prescott National Forests also lifted campfire restrictions.
The Forest Service also lifted the closure on Fossil Creek, which has been off limits to the public since July 1 because of wildfire danger.
Restrictions will be lifted Friday in the Coronado National forest in southeastern Arizona.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.