PHOENIX — Good news for people heading out for a weekend camping trip: The Tonto National Forest and three others will lift campfire restrictions Wednesday morning thanks to monsoon rainfall.
Clay Templin with the Forest Service said the lifting of restrictions doesn’t mean that fire season is completely over and everyone still needs to be careful.
“We have had an increase in the rainfall and a decrease in fire danger, but we’re still seeing daily fires from lightning strikes or people not taking care of the campfires properly,” he said.
The Coconino, Kaibab and Prescott National Forests also lifted campfire restrictions.
The Forest Service also lifted the closure on Fossil Creek, which has been off limits to the public since July 1 because of wildfire danger.
Restrictions will be lifted Friday in the Coronado National forest in southeastern Arizona.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food