PHOENIX — Good news for people heading out for a weekend camping trip: The Tonto National Forest and three others will lift campfire restrictions Wednesday morning thanks to monsoon rainfall.
Clay Templin with the Forest Service said the lifting of restrictions doesn’t mean that fire season is completely over and everyone still needs to be careful.
“We have had an increase in the rainfall and a decrease in fire danger, but we’re still seeing daily fires from lightning strikes or people not taking care of the campfires properly,” he said.
The Coconino, Kaibab and Prescott National Forests also lifted campfire restrictions.
The Forest Service also lifted the closure on Fossil Creek, which has been off limits to the public since July 1 because of wildfire danger.
Restrictions will be lifted Friday in the Coronado National forest in southeastern Arizona.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night