PHOENIX – When it comes to flying, Sky Harbor International Airport is always ready for takeoff.
The Washington Post released an interactive map showing the best and worst airports when it comes to flight departures and delays, and Sky Harbor International Airport ranked among the top ten best airports.
The report looked at dozens of the world’s highest-traffic airports, examining thousands of flights from each during the month of June to see how frequently they left on time. The more likely a flight from that airport was to leave on time, the better the airport could be said to perform.
Ranking at number eight, Sky Harbor had 78.42 percent of its flights leave on time.
Two other U.S. airports made it to the top ten: Seattle at number five, with 82.77 percent of flights leaving on time, and Minneapolis at number six, with 80.61 percent of its flights leaving on time.
The two best airports were located in Japan.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns