MESA, Ariz — Club Blue, also known as Mesa’s Young Recycling Squad, is hosting three workshops this week to not only teach kids the importance of recycling but to also help them beat the heat.
“Participants will get to meet mascot Charlie the Chimp, build a craft project and tour a city of Mesa recycling truck,” Marketing Specialist Jennifer Cleavenger said in a press release.
Advanced registration is required and the workshops will be at the Solid Waste Management Department, 730 N. Mesa Drive.
Membership in Club Blue and participation in the workshops is free. Interested participants can
sign up online.
Club Blue benefits include receiving a quarterly newsletter, a birthday card, invitations to attend special events and the opportunity to win exclusive prizes.
Workshops will be held 10-11 a.m. Tuesday, July 16; 1-2 p.m. Thursday, July 18 and 9-10 a.m. Saturday, July 20.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon