SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — The Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau is banking on weather envy to get tourists from cities like New York, Chicago, San Francisco and countries like Canada to make Arizona their only holiday getaway destination.
“We know we have our work cut out for us to go against the competition that’s already considered great holiday destinations, but we think we have a lot to offer and are prepared to sell that,” said Rachel Pearson, CVB Vice President of Community and Government Affairs.
Few details are available surrounding the holiday promotional campaign, as CVB leaders are still in the developmental state. However, plans are to make this campaign better than the last.
“We worked with a lot of our hotels and resorts to offer a one-night free stay from mid-November to mid-January, if they booked during that time frame,” said Pearson. “We got some great reviews and a lot of new bookings which really helped Scottsdale, but we want to do even more this year.”
According to the CVB, last year’s promotional campaign resulted in well over $500,000 in direct hotel revenue.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development