PHOENIX — The Phoenix Fire Department is providing sand for sandbags at several stations.
The sand is being offered as a courtesy during monsoon season, which can bring flash floods and extremely heavy rains to the Valley.
This wishing to pick up sand have to bring their own garbage bags and shovels.
The sand is available at the following fire stations:
Station 11, 2727 E. Roosevelt St.
Station 26, 3301 W. Rose Ln.
Station 31, 5730 E. Thunderbird Rd.
Station 36, 21602 N. Ninth Ave.
Station 39, 2276 W. Southern Ave.
Station 40, 3838 N. 83rd Ave.
Station 43, 4110 E. Chandler Blvd.
Station 48, 5230 W. Happy Valley Rd.
Station 49, 3750 E. Dynamite Blvd.
Station 52, 21650 N. Tatum Blvd.
Sand is also available at the following city of Phoenix facilities:
3045 S. 22nd Ave.
138 E. Union Hills
3828 E. Anne St.
4020 W. Glenrosa Ave.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy