PHOENIX — The Phoenix Fire Department is providing sand for sandbags at several stations.
The sand is being offered as a courtesy during monsoon season, which can bring flash floods and extremely heavy rains to the Valley.
This wishing to pick up sand have to bring their own garbage bags and shovels.
The sand is available at the following fire stations:
Station 11, 2727 E. Roosevelt St.
Station 26, 3301 W. Rose Ln.
Station 31, 5730 E. Thunderbird Rd.
Station 36, 21602 N. Ninth Ave.
Station 39, 2276 W. Southern Ave.
Station 40, 3838 N. 83rd Ave.
Station 43, 4110 E. Chandler Blvd.
Station 48, 5230 W. Happy Valley Rd.
Station 49, 3750 E. Dynamite Blvd.
Station 52, 21650 N. Tatum Blvd.
Sand is also available at the following city of Phoenix facilities:
3045 S. 22nd Ave.
138 E. Union Hills
3828 E. Anne St.
4020 W. Glenrosa Ave.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier