PHOENIX — The Phoenix Fire Department is providing sand for sandbags at several stations.
The sand is being offered as a courtesy during monsoon season, which can bring flash floods and extremely heavy rains to the Valley.
This wishing to pick up sand have to bring their own garbage bags and shovels.
The sand is available at the following fire stations:
Station 11, 2727 E. Roosevelt St.
Station 26, 3301 W. Rose Ln.
Station 31, 5730 E. Thunderbird Rd.
Station 36, 21602 N. Ninth Ave.
Station 39, 2276 W. Southern Ave.
Station 40, 3838 N. 83rd Ave.
Station 43, 4110 E. Chandler Blvd.
Station 48, 5230 W. Happy Valley Rd.
Station 49, 3750 E. Dynamite Blvd.
Station 52, 21650 N. Tatum Blvd.
Sand is also available at the following city of Phoenix facilities:
3045 S. 22nd Ave.
138 E. Union Hills
3828 E. Anne St.
4020 W. Glenrosa Ave.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments