PHOENIX — Westgate shoppers are in for a sweet treat now that a Florida-based candy store and a local yogurt shop are being added to the Glendale shopping center.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, It’Sugar and RazzleberrieZ will be opening at Westgate next month.
It’Sugar, a candy store, already has locations throughout the Valley as well as in Miami, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Baltimore and Salt Lake City. The store is 2,500-square-feet and will replace Ride Makers.
The new Westgate location will be the third in the Valley for RazzleberrieZ, a locally-owned frozen yogurt shop.
These shops follow other newly-planned stores at Westgate, like Chipotle Mexican Grill and Buffalo Wild Wings.
In a statement, Westgate Development Manager Jeff Teetsel said the shopping center is excited to welcome more retailers.
“We are pleased to announce these two new leases, which is yet another indication of our positive leasing momentum, like our leases with Chipotle in the Mexican fast-casual segment and Buffalo Wild Wings in the sports-bar niche, It’Sugar is the recognized market leader for candy stores and another example of the quality of tenants we have successfully targeted and attracted.”
The recent growth and new stores at Westgate might largely be contributed to the fact that the Phoenix Coyotes hockey team is staying in Glendale. Earlier this month, the Glendale City Council approved a $225 million arena deal to keep the Coyotes in the Valley.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments