PHOENIX — Westgate shoppers are in for a sweet treat now that a Florida-based candy store and a local yogurt shop are being added to the Glendale shopping center.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, It’Sugar and RazzleberrieZ will be opening at Westgate next month.
It’Sugar, a candy store, already has locations throughout the Valley as well as in Miami, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Baltimore and Salt Lake City. The store is 2,500-square-feet and will replace Ride Makers.
The new Westgate location will be the third in the Valley for RazzleberrieZ, a locally-owned frozen yogurt shop.
These shops follow other newly-planned stores at Westgate, like Chipotle Mexican Grill and Buffalo Wild Wings.
In a statement, Westgate Development Manager Jeff Teetsel said the shopping center is excited to welcome more retailers.
“We are pleased to announce these two new leases, which is yet another indication of our positive leasing momentum, like our leases with Chipotle in the Mexican fast-casual segment and Buffalo Wild Wings in the sports-bar niche, It’Sugar is the recognized market leader for candy stores and another example of the quality of tenants we have successfully targeted and attracted.”
The recent growth and new stores at Westgate might largely be contributed to the fact that the Phoenix Coyotes hockey team is staying in Glendale. Earlier this month, the Glendale City Council approved a $225 million arena deal to keep the Coyotes in the Valley.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development