PHOENIX — A Phoenix woman is in the hospital and police are searching for her boyfriend, who is accused of pouring gasoline on her and setting her on fire.
Police have been looking for Ivan Rodriguez, 44, who lives with the woman and is the father of her children, since the July 13 incident at their home near 32nd Street and McDowell Road.
The woman, 42, suffered burns to 30 percent of her body. According to police documents, the couple argued after the woman returned home from an evening spent with friends. Neighbors heard the woman screaming for help.
Rodriguez left the scene driving a 2006 black Volkswagen Golf hatchback, which has been recovered. He could face attempted homicide and domestic-violence charges.
Information can be called in to Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS or Phoenix Police Violent Crimes Bureau at 602-262-6141.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon