PHOENIX — The Phoenix Sky Train reached the million-passenger mark Monday, about three months after the first train departed.
Sky Harbor initially estimated 7,000 riders per day would take the train, but since it opened April 8, the Sky Train has exceeded expectations.
“Our numbers right now are about 10,000 people ride the Sky Train each day,” said Heather Lissner, a City of Phoenix spokeswoman.
The driverless trains transport travelers between the light-rail station at 44th and Washington streets, the airport’s East Economy parking lot and Terminal 4. It operates seven days a week, 365 days a year and is free of charge.
“People are very satisfied with the services that are offered with the Sky Train and it’s something new and different to,” Lissner said.
By early 2015, Sky Train will extend to Terminal 3 with a walkway to Terminal 2.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development