PHOENIX — Prompted by misbehavior among local skaters, the City of Scottsdale has taken steps to keep the McDowell Mountain Ranch Skate Park near Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard and Thompson Peak Parkway a haven for fun.
Starting Monday, skaters will have to pay for access to the park. It’s an attempt to monitor activity that has included vandalism, bullying and fighting at the facility.
The cost is $26 for a six-month pass or $1 per visit.
“Litter, graffiti, we’ve had vandalism. We have a lot of people breaking the rules, some bullying going on, fights and other illegal behavior,” said Lindsay Adarme, recreation coordinator for the city.
“We’re trying to take a proactive approach to figure out who’s doing what and to make sure our parks are being used for what they are intended for,” she added.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck