PHOENIX — Prompted by misbehavior among local skaters, the City of Scottsdale has taken steps to keep the McDowell Mountain Ranch Skate Park near Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard and Thompson Peak Parkway a haven for fun.
Starting Monday, skaters will have to pay for access to the park. It’s an attempt to monitor activity that has included vandalism, bullying and fighting at the facility.
The cost is $26 for a six-month pass or $1 per visit.
“Litter, graffiti, we’ve had vandalism. We have a lot of people breaking the rules, some bullying going on, fights and other illegal behavior,” said Lindsay Adarme, recreation coordinator for the city.
“We’re trying to take a proactive approach to figure out who’s doing what and to make sure our parks are being used for what they are intended for,” she added.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development