PHOENIX — Prompted by misbehavior among local skaters, the City of Scottsdale has taken steps to keep the McDowell Mountain Ranch Skate Park near Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard and Thompson Peak Parkway a haven for fun.
Starting Monday, skaters will have to pay for access to the park. It’s an attempt to monitor activity that has included vandalism, bullying and fighting at the facility.
The cost is $26 for a six-month pass or $1 per visit.
“Litter, graffiti, we’ve had vandalism. We have a lot of people breaking the rules, some bullying going on, fights and other illegal behavior,” said Lindsay Adarme, recreation coordinator for the city.
“We’re trying to take a proactive approach to figure out who’s doing what and to make sure our parks are being used for what they are intended for,” she added.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets