PHOENIX – If you’re looking for a good place to live, you might want to move to Fountain Hills.
Coldwell Banker released their final “Best Places to Live” survey, which is based on year-to-year employment growth and unemployment percentages below national norm, and the northwest Valley suburb landed a spot on its list.
On a scale of 1 to 1,000, Fountain Hills scored 874.18 points, topping suburbs in Calif., N.Y. and Texas.
“As America continues to bounce back from the recession, this ranking identifies suburbs that have shown strong economic growth since the recovery,” said Budge Huskey, president and chief executive officer of Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC.
The survey also considers other sets of attributes in order to have a good score. Being close to a grocery shop or good school will get the suburb a higher score, for example.
“These communities have the American ideals we love, the suburban dream intact and a population that is finding jobs at a better rate than the national average. That is the definition of a thriving community.”
The top three suburbs in the nation are Cottage Lake, Wash., Prairieville, La., and Fruit Cove, Fla., respectively.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns