PHOENIX – If you’re looking for a good place to live, you might want to move to Fountain Hills.
Coldwell Banker released their final “Best Places to Live” survey, which is based on year-to-year employment growth and unemployment percentages below national norm, and the northwest Valley suburb landed a spot on its list.
On a scale of 1 to 1,000, Fountain Hills scored 874.18 points, topping suburbs in Calif., N.Y. and Texas.
“As America continues to bounce back from the recession, this ranking identifies suburbs that have shown strong economic growth since the recovery,” said Budge Huskey, president and chief executive officer of Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC.
The survey also considers other sets of attributes in order to have a good score. Being close to a grocery shop or good school will get the suburb a higher score, for example.
“These communities have the American ideals we love, the suburban dream intact and a population that is finding jobs at a better rate than the national average. That is the definition of a thriving community.”
The top three suburbs in the nation are Cottage Lake, Wash., Prairieville, La., and Fruit Cove, Fla., respectively.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night