PHOENIX – If you’re looking for a good place to live, you might want to move to Fountain Hills.
Coldwell Banker released their final “Best Places to Live” survey, which is based on year-to-year employment growth and unemployment percentages below national norm, and the northwest Valley suburb landed a spot on its list.
On a scale of 1 to 1,000, Fountain Hills scored 874.18 points, topping suburbs in Calif., N.Y. and Texas.
“As America continues to bounce back from the recession, this ranking identifies suburbs that have shown strong economic growth since the recovery,” said Budge Huskey, president and chief executive officer of Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC.
The survey also considers other sets of attributes in order to have a good score. Being close to a grocery shop or good school will get the suburb a higher score, for example.
“These communities have the American ideals we love, the suburban dream intact and a population that is finding jobs at a better rate than the national average. That is the definition of a thriving community.”
The top three suburbs in the nation are Cottage Lake, Wash., Prairieville, La., and Fruit Cove, Fla., respectively.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development