PHOENIX — University of Phoenix Stadium is being invaded this weekend — by LEGOS.
The national LEGO KidsFest kicks off July 12 and runs through July 14. The traveling expo includes interactive, creative and educational activities for the whole family.
“We’ve got 50,000 LEGO club members in greater Phoenix,” said Aaron Wartner, a spokesman for the festival. “That’s why we decided to come.”
The expo will include dozens of hands-on activities for kids, including construction zones and lessons from master LEGO builders.
“We have experiences that you can’t necessarily do at home,” Wartner said.
Tickets for many cities have sold out with 25,000 to 30,000 visitors in attendance at each venue.
For more information visit the LEGO KidsFest website.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night