PHOENIX — A missing Tempe boy who was abducted by his mother was found safe Thursday, police said.
An Amber Alert was issued Thursday after 21-month-old Javidson Mosley was taken from a Tempe daycare because his mother believed he was going to be taken by Child Protective Services.
Police said that employees at Sunrise Preschool called 911 about 3 p.m. to inform them that Olivia Rae Mosley had taken Javidson from the daycare.
“She learned, just before arriving at the day care, that CPS was going to be taking custody of that child,” said Tempe police.
Mosley sped away from the preschool with Javidson after getting in a confrontation with daycare workers.
Mosley was taken into custody after a brief struggle. She and her son were located in the town of Guadalupe, police said. Neither were injured.
Authorities said that Mosely has a mental illness, has not taken her medication and poses a threat to herself and others.
Mosley had been contacted by police before and her son was taken by CPS previously after it was deemed she was unable to care for the child.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food