PHOENIX — A missing Tempe boy who was abducted by his mother was found safe Thursday, police said.
An Amber Alert was issued Thursday after 21-month-old Javidson Mosley was taken from a Tempe daycare because his mother believed he was going to be taken by Child Protective Services.
Police said that employees at Sunrise Preschool called 911 about 3 p.m. to inform them that Olivia Rae Mosley had taken Javidson from the daycare.
“She learned, just before arriving at the day care, that CPS was going to be taking custody of that child,” said Tempe police.
Mosley sped away from the preschool with Javidson after getting in a confrontation with daycare workers.
Mosley was taken into custody after a brief struggle. She and her son were located in the town of Guadalupe, police said. Neither were injured.
Authorities said that Mosely has a mental illness, has not taken her medication and poses a threat to herself and others.
Mosley had been contacted by police before and her son was taken by CPS previously after it was deemed she was unable to care for the child.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development