PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Transportation is preparing to open three new lanes on the Loop 303 southbound by Monday.
The lanes will be opened between Grand Avenue and Peoria Avenue in Surprise.
The area between Grand Avenue and Peoria Avenue will be temporarily closed on Friday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday to make the final preparations. Traffic will be detoured along Reems Road.
The Loop 303 northbound will operate with one lane traffic for approximately two more months.
The Loop 303 work also will require some cross-street restrictions near the freeway but local business access will be maintained.
The construction is part of a $129 million project to improve Loop 303 into a six-lane freeway between Grand and Peoria avenues by fall of 2013. Other Loop 303 projects south of Peoria to I-10 are also in progress and scheduled to be finished by fall 2014.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments