PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Transportation is preparing to open three new lanes on the Loop 303 southbound by Monday.
The lanes will be opened between Grand Avenue and Peoria Avenue in Surprise.
The area between Grand Avenue and Peoria Avenue will be temporarily closed on Friday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday to make the final preparations. Traffic will be detoured along Reems Road.
The Loop 303 northbound will operate with one lane traffic for approximately two more months.
The Loop 303 work also will require some cross-street restrictions near the freeway but local business access will be maintained.
The construction is part of a $129 million project to improve Loop 303 into a six-lane freeway between Grand and Peoria avenues by fall of 2013. Other Loop 303 projects south of Peoria to I-10 are also in progress and scheduled to be finished by fall 2014.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas