PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Transportation is preparing to open three new lanes on the Loop 303 southbound by Monday.
The lanes will be opened between Grand Avenue and Peoria Avenue in Surprise.
The area between Grand Avenue and Peoria Avenue will be temporarily closed on Friday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday to make the final preparations. Traffic will be detoured along Reems Road.
The Loop 303 northbound will operate with one lane traffic for approximately two more months.
The Loop 303 work also will require some cross-street restrictions near the freeway but local business access will be maintained.
The construction is part of a $129 million project to improve Loop 303 into a six-lane freeway between Grand and Peoria avenues by fall of 2013. Other Loop 303 projects south of Peoria to I-10 are also in progress and scheduled to be finished by fall 2014.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon