PHOENIX — Police shot and killed a man who had been suspected of threatening a couple with a gun early Thursday morning.
Neither officer was harmed. The suspect has been identified as 27-year-old Louis Alberto Flores.
Officers were called after midnight to an apartment near 29th Avenue and Camelback Road, where a man told officers that a man with a gun and a woman came to his door, demanding to know the whereabouts of someone else. He told the man he didn’t know the person in question and the intruders left shortly thereafter.
Officers found Flores not far from the scene and chased him from there. He tried to make his way to a condominium near 27th Avenue and West Pierson Street, according to police spokesman Trent Crump.
Officers said Flores lifted his shirt, pulled a handgun out of his waistband and pointed it at them. The officers fired several times at Flores, mortally wounding him.
He was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Police questioned the occupants of a nearby condo, where neighbors said they’d seen men with rifles enter. About a dozen people in that unit were questioned.
Police are looking for the woman who was with Flores.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon