PHOENIX — Sen. John McCain delivered a statement on the floor of the US Senate on Wednesday, honoring the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots who lost their lives while fighting the Yarnell Hill Fire.
During a resolution before the US Senate, McCain spoke of the bravery and courage that the 19 fallen firefights demonstrated in the face of danger.
“In a fierce and terrifying encounter with extreme danger they stood their ground, like the heroes they were, and fought for their community.”
McCain also offered words of solace to the families of the fallen heroes during his statement.
“The courage of those who we honor today is immortal; it does not perish with them. How they lived and what they did will inspire others to live courageously, purposely, selflessly.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development