PHOENIX — Interstate 10 eastbound was closed Tuesday after an individual fled the scene of an arrest and was hit by an SUV.
Around 3 p.m. a Hispanic male in his 30s was pulled over and in the process of being arrested when he ran into oncoming traffic at I-10 and 35th Avenue. He was struck by a vehicle on the highway.
“Eastbound will shut down for an extended period of time to investigate the scene,” Carrick Cook with the Arizona Department of Public Safety said.
The individual was transported to Banner Good Samaritan Hospital. He was the only injury reported.
Drivers were detoured on to 43rd Avenue. Westbound is only expected to be slightly affected because of onlookers.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced that I-10 eastbound was reopened around 8:00 PM on Tuesday night.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy