PHOENIX — Interstate 10 eastbound was closed Tuesday after an individual fled the scene of an arrest and was hit by an SUV.
Around 3 p.m. a Hispanic male in his 30s was pulled over and in the process of being arrested when he ran into oncoming traffic at I-10 and 35th Avenue. He was struck by a vehicle on the highway.
“Eastbound will shut down for an extended period of time to investigate the scene,” Carrick Cook with the Arizona Department of Public Safety said.
The individual was transported to Banner Good Samaritan Hospital. He was the only injury reported.
Drivers were detoured on to 43rd Avenue. Westbound is only expected to be slightly affected because of onlookers.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced that I-10 eastbound was reopened around 8:00 PM on Tuesday night.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development