PHOENIX — Interstate 10 eastbound was closed Tuesday after an individual fled the scene of an arrest and was hit by an SUV.
Around 3 p.m. a Hispanic male in his 30s was pulled over and in the process of being arrested when he ran into oncoming traffic at I-10 and 35th Avenue. He was struck by a vehicle on the highway.
“Eastbound will shut down for an extended period of time to investigate the scene,” Carrick Cook with the Arizona Department of Public Safety said.
The individual was transported to Banner Good Samaritan Hospital. He was the only injury reported.
Drivers were detoured on to 43rd Avenue. Westbound is only expected to be slightly affected because of onlookers.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced that I-10 eastbound was reopened around 8:00 PM on Tuesday night.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes