PHOENIX — Goodwill announced Tuesday that it was doing its part to help both the community of Yarnell, Ariz., and the families of the 19 firefighters who lost their lives battling a wildfire.
The company provided a $10,000 gift card to to the Red Cross to provide for shelters that are aiding families who lost a home in the small town. Officials said 129 structures were destroyed by the Yarnell Hill Fire, 109 of which were homes.
Goodwill is also planning to donate all funds from its “Change” campaign between July 11 and July 13 to the families of the hotshots who were overrun by the fire. Shoppers simply have to tell the cashier that they would like to donate their change or any dollar amount. All of the proceeds will go to the families.
The firefighters were honored with a memorial service Tuesday that was given inside of a full 6,000-seat arena. Hundreds sat outside the arena to pay their respects.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.