PHOENIX — Goodwill announced Tuesday that it was doing its part to help both the community of Yarnell, Ariz., and the families of the 19 firefighters who lost their lives battling a wildfire.
The company provided a $10,000 gift card to to the Red Cross to provide for shelters that are aiding families who lost a home in the small town. Officials said 129 structures were destroyed by the Yarnell Hill Fire, 109 of which were homes.
Goodwill is also planning to donate all funds from its “Change” campaign between July 11 and July 13 to the families of the hotshots who were overrun by the fire. Shoppers simply have to tell the cashier that they would like to donate their change or any dollar amount. All of the proceeds will go to the families.
The firefighters were honored with a memorial service Tuesday that was given inside of a full 6,000-seat arena. Hundreds sat outside the arena to pay their respects.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon