MESA, Ariz. — The Mesa Fire and Medical Department is asking parents to get their children up-to-date with vaccines before school starts for the 2013-14 year.
The department hosts monthly free immunization clinics thanks to a federal program called Vaccines for Children, according to spokeswoman Larissa Dvorak. The next one is from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday at Fiesta Mall, located at 1445 W. Southern Ave. The clinic is located on the lower level near the Best Buy entrance.
Children ages two months to 18-years-old are eligible if they are uninsured, have an insurance plan that doesn’t cover immunizations at all, are covered by Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, or are Alaskan- or Native-American born.
Mesa Fire and Medical has had a partnership with Fiesta Mall since February 2012.
“It’s offered Fiesta Mall some business as well because when we bring in families to get the immunizations they do some shopping or get some ice cream for the kids so it’s actually been a really good partnership on both ends,” Dvorak said.
For more information, visit mesaaz.gov or call (480) 644-4555. Parents are asked to bring immunization records with them for this clinic and future clinics.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths